Elke's E-Learning Journey

My first blog ever, originally for the LearnScope 2006 project, and which is now the sometime record of my journey into learning about and implementing an elearning strategy for my training organisation

Friday, September 22, 2006

the server is dead

The server on which all my internet activity depended (and 30,000 other businesses) closed its doors on Wed morning leaving everyone stranded. Only the moodle site sitting alone on another server was accessible to those not dependent on an isp using Veridas in Qld.

I never thought it possible that I would suffer internet withdrawal symptoms during three days of no emails or access to the net. Three days of emails sent to me but not received are now floating out there somewhere in cyberspace.

Such is life.

PS this window only lasted an hour. The service dropped out again until the next wed- late in the day. A total of 8 days off line. The churning of the website and adsl acount took that long.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Val Evans said...

Three days without email and Internet access is a looong time - congratulations on making it through such a trying time! What contingency plan was in place for students?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home