Elke's E-Learning Journey

My first blog ever, originally for the LearnScope 2006 project, and which is now the sometime record of my journey into learning about and implementing an elearning strategy for my training organisation

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

podcasting equipment and technology hints

selected bits from a range of edna posts on sep 18 under the forum
Re: Podcasting: follow up and more with Peter and Michael

Re: Podcasting: Equipmentby Rosa Ochoa - Monday, 18 September 2006, 10:36 PM (Rosa uses podcasting in a blog for teaching ESL
Rosa says
Hi Michael & all,I use podomatic only for the students' podcasts, but often I import onto podomatic mp3 files done with Audacity/iriver.For my other podcasts I use an iriver mp3 player (with a good microphone). I edit the files with Audacity or with Adobe Audition 1.5 (which allows me to mix music a bit better than Audacity).The biggest problem I face is the fact that we can't use podomatic at TAFE to record. Not many students try and do it by themselves at home.

Sue waters says
When ever I want to learn a new technology I find the best way is to just do it:
I attended a podcasting workshop at Westone
Listened to lots of podcasts by lecturers and teachers to work out what does/doesn't work (trust me recording a podcast when you are jogging doesn't!) - and I have to agree with the staff from Westone that you do need to consider some good practice principles when recording podcasts
Selected a topic that would be interesting to podcast (I had trouble working out practical applications for podcasting so decided to interview my students and see what sort of material they would be interested in if it was podcasted) - amazingly discovered that I knew more about podcasting
Recorded the interviews with my PDA
Edited the interviews with Audicity and then mixed them together with music using PodProducer
Initially uploaded podcast into www.odeo.com however Odeo uses a Flash player that does not like files edited with Audicity or PodProducer (makes podcasts sound like a Chipmunk)
All my podcasts are at www.podomatic.com and then I link them across to Odeo so that I can use their nice flash player in my blog site. Odeo does not have a problem if files are first feed throught podomatic provided that they are mixed with PodProducer not Odeo.

I will decipher this all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home