Elke's E-Learning Journey

My first blog ever, originally for the LearnScope 2006 project, and which is now the sometime record of my journey into learning about and implementing an elearning strategy for my training organisation

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Know your customers

In cruisng the theory side of things, this came up in searching for change and innovation theory

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/s/j/sjm256/portfolio/kbase/Systems&Change/ChangeProcess.html

Have seen this list before but now have a copy (types of people in how they adopt new technology

Adopter categoriesRogers suggests five characteristics of members of the social system using the innovation:
1. innovators (risk takers)2. early adopters (hedgers)3. early majority (waiters)4. late majority (skeptics)5. late adopters (slowpokes)

the question for me to answer is

Questions for the practitioner
What attributes can I build into the innovation or its implementation strategy to facilitate its acceptance by the intended adopter? What type of adopter are my students??

The site has lots more on change theory and links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home